my avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

#4

Commenting creates a sense of community because people are interacting with each other and are leaving feedback on what one another has said. It also creates a sense of community because the person that has received the comment can return -- and most do -- the favor to the initial commenter, through either commenting a reply under their own blog or on the commenter's blog.

One of the websites that was helpful to me was the 10 Commandments of blog commenting and how it emphasizes that one should be polite and basically follow the Golden rule -- treat as you would like to be treated. Another site that was helpful to me was the 10 ways of having people comment site. It taught me how to change my writing style and how to invite comments on my blog, such as "inviting comments by asking for them."

I commented on several blogs and the first one I commented on was Terri's because I remembered her showing me some of the Things she had done and how excited she was. I decided to comment specifically on one of the images because I was curious how she had done it and because I like it a lot. The second blog of interest to me was Amelia's blog because she incorporated her personal life and I was able to relate to things that she had to say. I also decided to comment on Lisa Jordan's space because I decided I would see what she had to say. The specific post I commented on was related to foreign languages and it relates to my plans of wanting to be a language teacher. I also commented on skybluesue's blog just because I thought her change of process of uploading the avatar was kind of interesting and something that I should've thought of since I am always online. I also commented on Jeanies blog because her experience with flickr and snapfish were interesting and I can say that I have played with both of them. Plus I just wanted to tell her that her pictures were too adorable.

The two blogs I commented on that were not related to the class were Dishcloth Diaries and Planet June.

No comments:

Post a Comment