my avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, March 12, 2009

#5

  • What does "School 2.0" mean to you?
  • What does it mean for schools of the future?
School 2.0in my opinion refers to the fact that more and more children have become computer literate, but not only on the computer as a machine itself. Children have started to be able to surf the internet at faster speeds than the majority of adults. They use sites such as myspace, facebook, and Google to communicate, network and search. Children are able to use applications on the internet to make their blogs and social networking sites more stlish more "them." I am still relatively young, however when one compares my online skills to those of today's teenagers I am slow. I am slowly learning how to use web 2.0s and I do know my fair share. However, I am not as up to date as I wish I was.

School 2.0 is vitally important to the future of education because children today are so linked to the web. Instead of discouragin the use of internet and computers in school it should be incorporated such as learning how to use the 2.0 tools to study, research, and make projects. How about a blog where students turn in their homework, or site where students can check in with their classmates and still be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment